Jump to Main Content
- Sbrilli, G., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Environmental toxicology and chemistry 1997 v.16 no.2 pp. 135-139
- bacteria; coastal water; culture media; filters; luminescence; sewage; water quality
- ... A simplified fingerprint, obtained by counting the colonies of luminescent and nonluminescent bacteria developing on filters plated on a solid culture medium, was applied to obtain an indication of coastal water quality. Results from a reference area and three polluted sites (essentially by urban sewage) and their variations during the year are reported. A tentative characterization of the "clean" ...
- Sbrilli, G., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Environmental toxicology and chemistry 1995 v.14 no.6 pp. 1065-1069
- atrazine; prometryn; simetryn; ametryn; terbutryn; toxicity; Artemia salina; bacteria; nontarget organisms; mortality; toxicology; testing; algae and seaweeds; adverse effects; biological resistance
- ... The acute toxicities of five s-triazines (atrazine, prometryn, simetryn, ametryn, terbutryn) were measured using two algae (one freshwater species, Selenastrum capricornutum, and one marine species, Dunaliella tertiolecta), Microtox bacteria, and the brine shrimp, Artemia salina. The algae were one to three orders of magnitude more susceptible to tested compounds than were bacteria or brine shrimp ...