Jump to Main Content
- Schäfer, Angela M., et al. Show all 11 Authors
- Mycological progress 2016 v.15 no.8 pp. 845-859
- Fagus; field experimentation; forest soils; forests; inventories; new genus; new species; space and time; species diversity; yeasts; Germany
- ... Soil yeasts are globally diverse. They are found in almost all soil types, and the structure of soil yeast communities reflects aboveground vegetation properties. Cultivation techniques have often been successfully employed to study yeasts in forest soils. However, few studies have addressed the variation of soil yeast communities in space and time; especially, structural dynamics at a forest site ...
- Schäfer, Angela M., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Organisms, diversity, & evolution 2013 v.13 no.2 pp. 111-126
- Dianthus; Microbotryum; Silene; ancestry; host specificity; hosts; internal transcribed spacers; parasites; phylogeny
- ... Anther smuts in the genus Microbotryum often show very high host specificity toward their caryophyllaceous hosts, but some of the larger host groups such as Dianthus are crucially undersampled for these parasites so that the question of host specificity cannot be answered conclusively. In this study we sequenced the internal transcribed spacer (ITS) region of members of the Microbotryum dianthorum ...