Jump to Main Content
- Schattan, Paul, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Remote sensing of environment 2020 v.239 pp. 111603
- Landsat; basins; data collection; hydrologic models; information sources; moderate resolution imaging spectroradiometer; neutrons; remote sensing; runoff; snow; snowpack; spatial data; time series analysis; uncertainty; water management; watersheds; Alps region; Austria
- ... A combined snow modelling approach integrating remote sensing data, in-situ data, and an improved hydrological model is presented. Complementary information sources are evaluated in terms of its value for constraining the model parameters and to overcome limitations of individual data such as inadequate scale representation. The study site consists of the Upper Fagge river basin in the Austrian Al ...
- Schattan, Paul, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Österreichische Wasser- und Abfallwirtschaft 2018 v.70 no.9-10 pp. 497-506
- Landsat; basins; energy balance; hydrologic models; monitoring; neutrons; remote sensing; runoff; snow; snowpack; uncertainty; winter
- ... This work presents Cosmic-Ray Neutron Sensing (CRNS) for measuring snow water equivalent (SWE) in mountain regions. The contactless and low-maintenance method allows for continuous and non-destructive monitoring of the snow pack in a footprint of several hectares. A field campaign with the subsequent modelling of a gauged headwater basin was set up to close the gap between point-scale snow observa ...