Jump to Main Content
- Scheicher, Sylvia, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Forensic science international 2016 v.261 pp. 61-69
- adults; age determination; bone fractures; callus; child abuse; children; data collection; forensic sciences; image analysis; magnetic resonance imaging; models; muscles; quantitative analysis; radiography; Germany
- ... For exact age determinations of bone fractures in a forensic context (e.g. in cases of child abuse) improved knowledge of the time course of the healing process and use of non-invasive modern imaging technology is of high importance. To date, fracture dating is based on radiographic methods by determining the callus status and thereby relying on an expert's experience. As a novel approach, this st ...
- Scheicher, Sylvia R., et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Biosensors & bioelectronics 2013 v.40 pp. 32-37
- DNA; DNA microarrays; adsorption; biosensors; coatings; dissociation; fluorescence; image analysis; microarray technology; periodicity; proteins
- ... There is a growing demand for functional layers for the immobilization of (bio)molecules on different kinds of substrates in the field of biosensors, microarrays, and lab-on-a-chip development. These functional coatings should have the ability to specifically bind (bio)molecules with a high binding efficiency, while showing low unspecific binding during the following assay. In this paper we presen ...