Jump to Main Content
- Scheideler, Olivia, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Current opinion in biotechnology 2019 v.60 pp. 99-103
- Dependoparvovirus; antibodies; capsid; engineering; gene therapy; immune response; lymphocytes; viruses
- ... Gene therapy is progressively emerging as a promising and powerful therapeutic modality, and adeno-associated virus (AAV) is a major delivery vehicle for such therapies. Among the most significant challenges that limit AAV’s utility, however, is the immune response it elicits. Antibodies elicited by prior exposure to natural virus or vector can bind to an AAV vector, preventing it from entering th ...
- Scheideler, Olivia, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces 2014 v.6 no.17 pp. 14861-14873
- antibacterial properties; catalytic activity; chemical composition; drugs; ethers; gene expression; gold; humans; medical equipment; medicine; mice; nanogold; nanoparticles; nanosilver; plasmids; polyamines; polymers; prostatic neoplasms; transgenes; ultraviolet radiation; urinary bladder neoplasms
- ... Plasmonic nanoparticles have been increasingly investigated for numerous applications in medicine, sensing, and catalysis. In particular, gold nanoparticles have been investigated for separations, sensing, drug/nucleic acid delivery, and bioimaging. In addition, silver nanoparticles demonstrate antibacterial activity, resulting in potential application in treatments against microbial infections, b ...