Jump to Main Content
- Scheiner, Filip, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Palaeogeography, palaeoclimatology, palaeoecology 2019 v.514 pp. 336-348
- Miocene epoch; basins; carbon; case studies; computer simulation; data collection; hydrology; marine environment; oxygen; paleoecology; plankton; stable isotopes; Mediterranean Sea; Mediterranean region
- ... The Langhian Central Paratethys sea represents a unique marine environment with a complicated circulation pattern influenced by the Mediterranean Sea. Here we present a review study based on previously published stable isotopic, foraminiferal and calcareous nannoplankton data from various locations in the Central Paratethys, supplemented by new datasets, from the interval of ~14.6–13.9 Ma. We comp ...
- Scheiner, Filip, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Palaeogeography, palaeoclimatology, palaeoecology 2018 v.495 pp. 60-71
- Miocene epoch; Retaria; calcite; calcium; carbon; magnesium; oxygen; salinity; seawater; stable isotopes; subtropics; temperature
- ... Details regarding seawater temperature and isotopic composition of seawater in the Central Paratethys, during the Miocene epoch, are not well known. Here we present an insight based on results from a combination of Mg/Ca, δ¹⁸O and δ¹³C on foraminifera from the shallow core (LOM-1) representing the time interval of ~14.4 to 14.36Ma. Globigerinoides trilobus, Globigerina bulloides, Cibicidoides spp. ...