Jump to Main Content
Did you mean to type: lange?
- Schideman, Lance Charles, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Algal research 2019 v.38 pp. 101399
- acetic acid; acid treatment; activation energy; algae; ash content; biomass; formic acid; leaching; solvents; sulfuric acid; thermal degradation; thermal properties; wastewater
- ... Demineralization pretreatments by leaching using different solvents including deionized water (DI-H2O), acetic acid, formic acid, and sulfuric acid were evaluated for their ash removal efficiency and effects on the physical structure, chemical composition and thermal behavior of wastewater algae biomass (WA). The apparent activation energy of the thermal decomposition (Ea) was estimated using isoc ...
- Schideman, Lance Charles, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Algal research 2017 v.25 pp. 297-306
- algae; biofuels; biomass; boiling point; feedstocks; liquefaction; mixed culture; models; oils; wastewater; wastewater treatment
- ... Previous studies demonstrate that the high ash contents appeared to inhibit the formation of biocrude oil in the hydrothermal liquefaction (HTL) processes. In order to investigate the effect of ash contents on the HTL reaction, mixed-culture algal biomass from wastewater systems (AW) was separated into two fractions (AW-41.8 and AW-38.5) and converted into biocrude oil via HTL at 300°C for a 60min ...