Jump to Main Content
- Schieber, Branislav, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Polish Journal of Ecology 2017 v.65 no.3 pp. 339-351
- Fagus sylvatica; air temperature; forests; global warming; heat sums; leaves; lethal concentration 50; phenology; plant development; spring; trees; Carpathian region; Slovakia
- ... The paper examines the results of phenological research on common beech (Fagus sylvatica L.) during a period of 21 years (1995–2015) in the submontane beech forest of central Slovakia (Inner Western Carpathians). We focused on bud-burst, leaf unfolding and leaf colouring. Temporal analysis indicated that the mean monthly air temperature increased, especially from April to August. An extraordinary ...
- Schieber, Branislav
- Biologia 2007 v.62 no.4 pp. 416-423
- Fagus; anthropogenic activities; color; cutting; ecosystems; flowering; forest communities; forests; growing season; monitoring; seasonal variation; secondary succession; stand density; understory; vegetative growth
- ... Changes in the seasonal rhythm of two plant phytocoenoses in a submountain beech forest during secondary succession were studied. Investigations were done on four monitoring plots with different stand density over the period of four successive years. The rhythm of the associations Dentario bulbiferae-Fagetum and Carici pilosae-Fagetum reflects the course of succession processes running six years a ...