Jump to Main Content
- Schollbach, K., et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Waste management 2018 v.78 pp. 639-648
- autoclaving; barium; bottom ash; cement; chlorides; compression strength; environmental impact; heavy metals; hot water treatment; ions; leaching; municipal solid waste; sand; waste incineration; zinc
- ... Nowadays, in many countries the household waste is more and more incinerated, converting refuse in municipal solid waste incineration bottom ash (MSWI BA). A main concern related to the reuse of BA is linked to the leaching of contaminants, such as heavy metals and salts, to the surrounding environment. To limit this leaching, BA is applied as aggregate in the construction field, since the hydrati ...
- Schollbach, K., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Waste management 2017 v.67 pp. 181-192
- antimony; bottom ash; chemical composition; chlorides; chromium; copper; grains; leaching; molybdenum; municipal solid waste; recycling; sieving; sulfates; toxic substances; washing; waste incineration
- ... In this lab study, a two-stage treatment was investigated to achieve the valorization of a municipal solid waste incineration (MSWI) bottom ash fraction below 4mm. This fraction of MSWI bottom ash (BA) is the most contaminated one, containing potentially toxic elements (Cu, Cr, Mo and Sb), chlorides and sulfates. The BA was treated for recycling by separating agglomerated fine particles (≤125µm) a ...