Jump to Main Content
- Schultz, Alison K., et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Journal of agricultural and food chemistry 2014 v.62 no.47 pp. 11528-11535
- Daucus carota; acidification; acidity; calcium; carrot juice; carrots; ionic strength; pH; particle size; pasteurization; salts; sodium; storage time; zeta potential
- ... Effects of acidity on cloud stability in pasteurized carrot juice were examined over the pH range of 3.5â6.2. Cloud sedimentation, particle diameter, and Î¶ potential were measured at each pH condition to quantify juice cloud stability and clarification during 3 days of storage. Acidification below pH 4.9 resulted in a less negative Î¶ potential, an increased particle size, and an unstable cloud ...
- Schultz, Alison K., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Journal of agricultural and food chemistry 2014 v.62 no.5 pp. 1111-1118
- Daucus carota; carrot juice; carrots; enzyme activity; microscopy; particle size; pasteurization; pectinesterase; residual effects; storage time; turbidity
- ... To determine the effect of residual enzyme activity on carrot juice cloud, 0 to 1 U/g pectin methylesterase (PME) was added to pasteurized carrot juice. Cloud stability and particle diameters were measured to quantify juice cloud stability and clarification for 56 days of storage. All levels of PME addition resulted in clarification; higher amounts had a modest effect in causing more rapid clarifi ...