Jump to Main Content
Did you mean to type: denis?
- Schwartz, Denise S., et al. Show all 7 Authors
- BMC veterinary research 2017 v.13 no.1 pp. 325
- acepromazine; anesthesia; atropine; cardiac output; dogs; echocardiography; fentanyl; hypotension; isoflurane; monitoring; patients; risk; surgery; veterinary clinics
- ... BACKGROUND: Cardiac output (CO) is an important haemodynamic parameter to monitor in patients during surgery. However, the majority of the techniques for measuring CO have a limited application in veterinary practice due to their invasive approach and associated complexity and risks. Transoesophageal echocardiography (TEE) is a technique used to monitor cardiac function in human patients during su ...
- PubMed Central:
- Schwartz, Denise S., et al. Show all 2 Author
- The veterinary journal 2011 v.190 no.2 pp. e122
- attitudes and opinions; dogs; patients; questionnaires; statistical analysis; surveys; veterinary clinics; Brazil
- ... A survey of the experiences of owners of diabetic dogs was carried out by distributing questionnaires to veterinary clinics in São Paulo, Brazil. A total of 93 dog owners were surveyed over a 4month period and descriptive statistical analysis, frequency distribution and correlations were performed. In most cases the clinical condition of the dogs had improved following treatment and owners were la ...
- Schwartz, Denise S., et al. Show all 58 Authors
- Journal of veterinary internal medicine 2018 v.32 no.3 pp. 930-943
- cardiomyopathy; cats; cohort studies; data analysis; death; heart; heart failure; interviews; longevity; medical records; monitoring; morbidity; mortality; observational studies; risk; statistical analysis; veterinarians
- ... BACKGROUND: Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy is the most prevalent heart disorder in cats and principal cause of cardiovascular morbidity and mortality. Yet, the impact of preclinical disease is unresolved. HYPOTHESIS/OBJECTIVES: Observational study to characterize cardiovascular morbidity and survival in cats with preclinical nonobstructive (HCM) and obstructive (HOCM) hypertrophic cardiomyopathy and ...