Jump to Main Content
- Schwarz, Margrit, et al. Show all 21 Authors
- Molecular and Cellular Endocrinology 2013 v.369 pp. 119-129
- G-protein coupled receptors; agonists; alpha-linolenic acid; corn oil; glucagon-like peptide 1; glucose; insulin secretion; intestines; islets of Langerhans; mechanism of action; mice
- ... FFA1 (GPR40) and GPR120 are G-protein-coupled receptors activated by long-chain fatty acids. FFA1 is expressed in pancreatic β-cells, where it regulates glucose-dependent insulin secretion, and GPR120 has been implicated in mediating GLP-1 secretion. We show here that FFA1 co-localizes with GLP-1 in enteroendocrine cells and plays a critical role in glucose management by mediating GLP-1 secretion ...
- Schwarz, Margrit, et al. Show all 40 Authors
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America 2009 v.106 no.24 pp. 9820-9825
- Macaca fascicularis; blood serum; epitopes; human cell lines; hypercholesterolemia; low density lipoprotein cholesterol; mice; neutralization; neutralizing antibodies; subtilisin; therapeutics
- ... Proprotein convertase subtilisin/kexin type 9 (PCSK9) regulates serum LDL cholesterol (LDL-C) by interacting with the LDL receptor (LDLR) and is an attractive therapeutic target for LDL-C lowering. We have generated a neutralizing anti-PCSK9 antibody, mAb1, that binds to an epitope on PCSK9 adjacent to the region required for LDLR interaction. In vitro, mAb1 inhibits PCSK9 binding to the LDLR and ...