Jump to Main Content
- Searle, Bruce P., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- New Zealand journal of crop and horticultural science 2018 v.46 no.4 pp. 298-318
- Daucus carota; carrots; catch crops; crop yield; growers; marketing; nitrogen; nitrogen fertilizers; roots; soil minerals; soil water; soil water deficit; temperate zones
- ... Conflicting reports of the responsiveness of carrots (Daucus carota L.) to nitrogen (N) fertiliser have been rationalised on the basis of the climatic zones in which the experiments were conducted. We tested this explanation with two experiments under temperate conditions, where yield increases were predicted to be unlikely, yet growers frequently apply N fertiliser. Our results show that in tempe ...
- Searle, Bruce P., et al. Show all 3 Authors
- International journal of consumer studies 2008 v.32 no.5 pp. 535-544
- color; cultivars; flavor; hardness; juiciness; pH; sensory evaluation; texture; titratable acidity; tomatoes; Australia; New Zealand
- ... Five different locally sourced commercially grown tomatoes (cultivars; Aranca, Excell, Flavourine, Mondeo and Solairo) and one grown in Australia (Gourmet) were subjected to sensory evaluation using a consumer taste panel. Physico-chemical characteristics (CIE colour, dry matter, °Brix, titratable acidity, pH and °Brix : acid ratio) were also measured on the tomatoes. Overall, the sensory evaluati ...