Jump to Main Content
- Selvam, Samayanan, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- International journal of biological macromolecules 2019 v.125 pp. 485-495
- Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy; Pseudomonas aeruginosa; Sargassum polycystum; Staphylococcus aureus; animal pathogenic bacteria; antibacterial properties; antibiotics; antioxidant activity; confocal laser scanning microscopy; disease control; fish; fucoidan; high performance liquid chromatography; nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy; sugars; sulfates; therapeutics
- ... In this study therapeutic potential of fucoidan fraction-2 (Fu-F2) isolated from Sargassum polycystum was evaluated for the development of antibacterial agent against the human and animal pathogenic bacteria by in vitro and in vivo analysis. The Fu-F2 contained 51.12 ± 0.86% of total sugar and 20.41 ± 0.91% of sulfate. The structural characterization of Fu-F2 was performed by HPLC, FTIR and NMR an ...
- Selvam, Samayanan, et al. Show all 2 Author
- Carbohydrate polymers 2012 v.87 no.2 pp. 1419-1424
- Escherichia coli; Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy; Staphylococcus aureus; X-ray diffraction; antibacterial properties; citrates; cotton fabric; dyeing; dyes; energy-dispersive X-ray analysis; nanoparticles; scanning electron microscopy; sodium chloride; sodium sulfate; zinc oxide
- ... Poly-N-vinyl-2-pyrrolidone functionalization was done for improved the dyeability of dichlorotriazine dyes on cotton fabric. The synthesized ZnO nanoparticles were padded on functionalized cotton fabrics to improve antibacterial activity. The modification effects were characterized by FTIR, XRD, SEM and EDX studies. The antibacterial activity was done against Staphylococcus aureus and Escherichia ...