Jump to Main Content
- Senejoux, F., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- European food research & technology 2017 v.243 no.9 pp. 1659-1666
- 2,2-diphenyl-1-picrylhydrazyl; Detarium microcarpum; antioxidant activity; antioxidants; bioactive compounds; butanol; ethyl acetate; functional foods; gallic acid; hexane; high performance liquid chromatography; leaves; methanol; methylene chloride; myricetin; quality control; quercetin; traditional medicine; trees
- ... Detarium microcarpum is an African tree which is widely used as a folk medicine and food. A methanol extract from the leaves as well as its hexane, dichloromethane, ethyl acetate and n-butanol fractions were evaluated for their total phenolic content and radical scavenging activities. Additionally, a pre-column DPPH-HPLC assay was performed to screen and identify the compounds responsible for the ...
- Senejoux, F., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- South African journal of botany 2015 v.98 pp. 10-15
- Euphorbia; poisonous plants; soil sampling; triterpenoids
- ... The cause and maintenance of the fairy circle phenomenon of the Namibian pro-desert have not yet been satisfactorily explained. Several diverse hypotheses have been put forward, but none have universally been accepted. In the current study a possible link between the barren patches (fairy circles) of the Garub region (southern Namibian pro-desert) and Euphorbia gummifera was investigated, by deter ...