Jump to Main Content
- Seno, Kensuke, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Chemosphere 2019 v.219 pp. 588-606
- acid mine drainage; adsorption; antibiotics; drainage; ecosystems; effluents; electrochemistry; energy; environmental impact; human health; ion exchange; mine tailings; mining; mixing; monitoring; neutralization; oxygen; pH; polymers; remediation; sulfide minerals; toxic substances
- ... Acid mine/rock drainage (AMD/ARD), effluents with low pH and high concentrations of hazardous and toxic elements generated when sulfide-rich wastes are exposed to the environment, is considered as a serious environmental problem encountered by the mining and mineral processing industries around the world. Remediation options like neutralization, adsorption, ion exchange, membrane technology, biolo ...
- Seno, Kensuke, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Journal of hazardous materials 2018 v.344 pp. 322-332
- Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy; acid mine drainage; adsorption; arsenic; catechol; coatings; dissociation; electrochemistry; energy-dispersive X-ray analysis; leaching; pH; scanning electron microscopy; sulfuric acid; titanium; titanium dioxide; toxicity; weathering
- ... Arsenopyrite is the most common arsenic-bearing sulfide mineral in nature, and its weathering contributes to acid mine drainage (AMD) formation and the release of toxic arsenic (As). To mitigate this problem, carrier-microencapsulation (CME) using titanium (Ti)-catechol complex (i.e., Ti-based CME) was investigated to passivate arsenopyrite by forming a protective coating.Ti⁴⁺ ion dissolved in sul ...