Jump to Main Content
- Sertse, Demissew, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Molecular phylogenetics and evolution 2019 v.137 pp. 22-32
- breeding; crops; flax; genetic variation; germplasm; haplotypes; loci; morphs; oils; photoperiod; population structure; provenance
- ... Flax, one of the eight founder crops of agriculture, has been cultivated for its oil and/or fiber for millennia. Understanding genetic divergence and geographic origins of germplasm in line with their cultivation history and ecological adaptation are essential for conservation and breeding. Here we performed a genome-wide assessment based on more than 51,000 single nucleotide polymorphic sites def ...
- Sertse, Demissew, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Land degradation & development 2015 v.26 no.7 pp. 665-679
- Acacia; Chamaecytisus prolifer var. palmensis; Eucalyptus; Grevillea robusta; analysis of variance; biomass production; carbon; cation exchange capacity; experimental design; fuelwood; highlands; mulches; nitrogen; phosphorus; plantations; potassium; root crown; soil amendments; soil degradation; soil quality; statistical models; survival rate; trees; Ethiopia
- ... In the Ethiopian Central Highlands, a serious soil degradation occurs while fuelwood demand is high. This study consists of an evaluation of seven tree species for fuelwood and soil restoration under three soil management options: control, manure and manure + mulch, in degraded highlands of Ethiopia. The experimental design was a split‐plot, species as the main plot and treatment as subplot, with ...