Jump to Main Content
- Shan, Guilin, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Biosystems engineering 2019 v.179 pp. 13-21
- computer software; field capacity; irrigation management; microirrigation; prediction; simulation models; soil water; unsaturated flow; volumetric water content; wetting front
- ... The HYDRUS-2D simulation software has been used for irrigation management. Its performance under realistic irrigation regimes requires evaluation with new methodologies that integrate larger soil volumes, because soil water content is highly variable in time, space and scale. We compare direct measurements in a sloping field environment under drip irrigation with simulation using HYDRUS-2D. An adv ...
- Shan, Guilin, et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Biosystems engineering 2017 v.153 pp. 82-88
- Bemisia tabaci; Frankliniella occidentalis; algorithms; humans; labor; pests; population dynamics; somatotropin; sticky traps
- ... Although sticky traps are reliable indicators of pest population dynamics but pest counting by humans is time-consuming and menial labour. A novel smart vision algorithm based on two-dimensional Fourier transform (2DFT) spectrum is presented. Rather than directly counting the pests captured on the traps, the novel concept is to treat trapped pests as noise in a two-dimensional (2D) image with 2DFT ...