Jump to Main Content
- Sharma-Wallace, Lisa, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Journal of environmental management 2018 v.222 pp. 174-184
- community development; data collection; decision making; governance; leadership; monitoring; social capital; stakeholders
- ... Adaptive governance has emerged in the last decade as an intriguing avenue of theory and practice for the holistic management of complex environmental problems. Research on adaptive governance has flourished since the field's inception, probing the process and mechanisms underpinning the new approach while offering various justifications and prescriptions for empirical use. Nevertheless, recent re ...
- Sharma-Wallace, Lisa, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Forest policy and economics 2018 v.91 pp. 46-53
- case studies; coasts; decision making; forestry; forests; governance; land use; rural communities; New Zealand
- ... Forests and forestry in many forms are instrumental in contributing positively to environmental, social and economic outcomes in New Zealand. However, simply increasing production or efficiency has not always realised positive benefits for communities. In a current programme on the East Coast of New Zealand, we are undertaking action research to develop culturally appropriate adaptive governance c ...