Jump to Main Content
- Shaurub, E.H., et al. Show all 2 Author
- African entomology 2014 v.22 no.1 pp. 136-143
- Agrotis ipsilon; acetylcholinesterase; dipping; glutathione transferase; instars; larvae; leaves; lethal concentration 50; poisoning; sublethal effects
- ... The present study was designed to investigate the activities of the detoxifying enzymes acetylcholinesterase (AChE), non-specific esterases (α- and β-esterases), glutathione S-transferase (GST) and mixed-function oxidases (MFO) in spinetoram-treated Agrotis ipsilon (Hufnagel). For this purpose, fourth larval instars were exposed to three sub-lethal concentrations (LC₁₀, LC₂₀ and LC₅₀) of spinetora ...
- Shaurub, E.H., et al. Show all 3 Authors
- African entomology 2013 v.21 no.2 pp. 221-230
- DNA; Nucleopolyhedrovirus; Spodoptera littoralis; UV filters; body weight; environmental impact; exposure duration; genome; inclusion bodies; larvae; mortality; pathogenicity; solar radiation; temperature; ultraviolet radiation; viruses
- ... The effect of temperature, ultraviolet (UV) radiation and sunlight on the pathogenicity, yield and DNA genome pattern of the entomopathogenic virus SpliMNPV to the Egyptian cotton leafworm Spodoptera littoralis (Boisduval) was studied. The viral pathogenicity in terms of larval mortality, and yield in terms of polyhedral inclusion bodies/g larval body weight, significantly increased with the incre ...