Jump to Main Content
- Shaw, Dario Rangel, et al. Show all 2 Author
- International biodeterioration & biodegradation 2018 v.127 pp. 46-61
- Lysinibacillus sphaericus; active sites; adenosine triphosphate; adenosinetriphosphatase; aromatic compounds; bacteria; bioaccumulation; bioremediation; cations; chromium; cytoplasm; lead; metal tolerance; molecular dynamics; mutagenesis; operon; quantitative polymerase chain reaction; resistance genes; toxicity; transcription (genetics); transporters
- ... Lysinibacillus sphaericus strain OT4b.31 is a bacterium widely applied in bioremediation processes of hydrocarbon and metal polluted environments. In this study, we identified the molecular mechanism underlying the Pb²⁺ and Cr⁶⁺ resistance. Metal uptake and temporal transcription patterns of metal resistance operons were evaluated using reverse-transcribed quantitative PCR amplification. The funct ...
- Shaw, Dario Rangel, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Water research 2018 v.143 pp. 10-18
- X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy; anaerobic ammonium oxidation; biomass; contact angle; granules; hydrophilicity; hydrophobicity; membrane bioreactors; moieties; nitrifying bacteria; nitrites; nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy; phylogeny; plankton; thermodynamics; wastewater treatment; zeta potential
- ... Anaerobic ammonium-oxidizing (anammox) bacteria are well known for their aggregation ability. However, very little is known about cell surface physicochemical properties of anammox bacteria and thus their aggregation abilities have not been quantitatively evaluated yet. Here, we investigated the aggregation abilities of three different anammox bacterial species: “Candidatus Brocadia sinica”, “Ca. ...