Jump to Main Content
- Shen, Yimin, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Nutrition and cancer 2018 v.70 no.7 pp. 1075-1087
- animal models; cell lines; diet; dose response; drugs; eosin; genetically modified organisms; immunohistochemistry; lymphocytes; magnetic resonance imaging; males; mice; mutants; pancreas; pancreatic neoplasms; papilloma; patients; prognosis; staining; survival rate; toxicity
- ... Pancreatic cancer (PC) patients have poor prognosis and survival rate. Gemcitabine, the drug of choice has a dismal 15% response rate. Earlier, we reported that Garcinol alone and in combination with gemcitabine showed a dose-dependent favorable response on PC cell lines. This study probes the in vivo effects of dietary Garcinol on PC progression in transgenic PC mice (KPC; K-ras and p53 condition ...
- Shen, Yimin, et al. Show all 10 Authors
- International journal of biological macromolecules 2018 v.112 pp. 608-615
- acetylcysteine; apoptosis; cardiomyocytes; hypoxia; mitogen-activated protein kinase; models; myocardial ischemia; oxidative stress; peroxiredoxin; rats
- ... Apoptosis induced by oxidative stress blocks the recovery of heart function in myocardial ischemia reperfusion injury (MIRI). Peroxiredoxin 1 (Prdx1) inhibits oxidative stress. However, the expression and function of Prdx1 in MIRI are unclear. In present study, Prdx1 protein level increased in rat MIRI model, associated with cardiomyocyte apoptosis. Cultured rat embryonic ventricular myocardial H9 ...