Jump to Main Content
- Sheng, Jackie, et al. Show all 12 Authors
- Journal of molecular biology 2012 v.418 no.1-2 pp. 82-89
- adipocytes; energy metabolism; fibroblast growth factor receptor 2; fibroblast growth factors; glucose; homeostasis; hormones; mice; models
- ... Three fibroblast growth factor (FGF) molecules, FGF19, FGF21, and FGF23, form a unique subfamily that functions as endocrine hormones. FGF19 and FGF21 can regulate glucose, lipid, and energy metabolism, while FGF23 regulates phosphate homeostasis. The FGF receptors and co-receptors for these three FGF molecules have been identified, and domains important for receptor interaction and specificity de ...
- Sheng, Jackie, et al. Show all 40 Authors
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America 2009 v.106 no.24 pp. 9820-9825
- Macaca fascicularis; blood serum; epitopes; human cell lines; hypercholesterolemia; low density lipoprotein cholesterol; mice; neutralization; neutralizing antibodies; subtilisin; therapeutics
- ... Proprotein convertase subtilisin/kexin type 9 (PCSK9) regulates serum LDL cholesterol (LDL-C) by interacting with the LDL receptor (LDLR) and is an attractive therapeutic target for LDL-C lowering. We have generated a neutralizing anti-PCSK9 antibody, mAb1, that binds to an epitope on PCSK9 adjacent to the region required for LDLR interaction. In vitro, mAb1 inhibits PCSK9 binding to the LDLR and ...