Jump to Main Content
- Shimura, I., et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Annals of botany 2006 v.97 no.6 pp. 1073-1081
- Gentiana; ornamental plants; in vitro culture; buds; explants; in vitro regeneration; culture media; abscisic acid; raffinose; sucrose; proline; dose response; desiccation (plant physiology); cryopreservation; micropropagation; methodology
- ... BACKGROUND AND AIMS: Induction of dehydration tolerance is a key to achieving high survival rates in cryopreservation of plant specimens. It has been reported previously that two-step preculturing with sucrose effectively increased desiccation tolerance in axillary buds of gentian (Gentiana scabra), which allow the buds to survive cryopreservation. This study is aimed at characterizing each step o ...
- PubMed Central:
- Shimura, I., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Acta horticulturae 2002 no.587 pp. 539-542
- cell walls; ethephon; fruit drop; pears; peduncle
- ... Abscission layer formation and development of Japanese pear fruit was investigated anatomically using applications of ethephon. At 30 days after application with ethephon, cell walls of the juncture tissue between the peduncle and spur were disintegrated. These responses were found initially in the epidermis and cortex regions. At 40 days after application with ethephon, intercellular cavities wer ...