Jump to Main Content
- Shin, Jennifer H., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Algal research 2016 v.15 pp. 210-216
- Chlamydomonas reinhardtii; biofuels; cholera; drugs; electroporation; fluorescent dyes; fluorescent proteins; genes; genetic improvement; membrane permeability; microalgae; plasmids; polymerase chain reaction; quantum dots; transfection
- ... Microalgae cells gained much attention as resources for food, drug, and biofuels. For last few decades, researchers have made efforts to increase the productivity in utilizing microalgae through genetic improvement by introducing plasmids or genes. However, the barriers of the cell wall and membrane hindered the efficient intracellular delivery and required the development of more effective strate ...
- Shin, Jennifer H., et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Archives of biochemistry and biophysics 2016
- Salmonella Typhimurium; atmospheric pressure; bacteria; bacterial motility; cleaning; food processing; humans
- ... Atmospheric pressure plasma (APP) has been shown effective in sterilization by reducing the number of viable microbes during surface cleaning, food processing, or human tissue treatment. For safe conduct, the majority of previous research focused on complete abolition of microbes, which may require severe treatments. Our aim is to investigate the minimal treatment conditions necessary for effectiv ...