Jump to Main Content
- Shin, Younhee, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Fish & shellfish immunology 2017 v.62 pp. 276-290
- Oplegnathus fasciatus; Toll-like receptor 5; binding sites; bream; coevolution; cytokines; exons; flagellin; genes; gills; introns; kidneys; leucine; liver; luciferase; messenger RNA; protein structure; quantitative polymerase chain reaction; tissues; transcription factor NF-kappa B
- ... Toll-like receptor 5 (TLR5) recognizes bacterial flagellin and induces the downstream signaling through the myeloid differentiation primary response gene 88 (MyD88) protein to produce proinflammatory cytokines. In this study, we describe a TLR5 membrane form (OfTLR5M) and its adaptor protein MyD88 (OfMyD88) in rock bream, Oplegnathus fasciatus. Both Oftlr5m (6.7 kb) and Ofmyd88 (3.7 kb) genes disp ...
- Shin, Younhee, et al. Show all 12 Authors
- Molecular biology reports 2015 v.42 no.2 pp. 471-477
- Z chromosome; autosomes; chicken breeds; chickens; color; genetic variation; genome; high-throughput nucleotide sequencing; nucleotide sequences; plumage; single nucleotide polymorphism; Korean Peninsula
- ... There are five native chicken lines in Korea, which are mainly classified by plumage colors (black, white, red, yellow, gray). These five lines are very important genetic resources in the Korean poultry industry. Based on a next generation sequencing technology, whole genome sequence and reference assemblies were performed using Gallus_gallus_4.0 (NCBI) with whole genome sequences from these lines ...
- Shin, Younhee, et al. Show all 18 Authors
- Functional & integrative genomics 2014 v.14 no.2 pp. 275-283
- Escherichia coli; RNA; Scolopendra; adults; antimicrobial peptides; antimicrobial properties; arthropods; erythrocytes; gene expression regulation; high-throughput nucleotide sequencing; humans; isoelectric point; microorganisms; proteolysis; proteome; synthetic peptides; toxicity; transcriptome
- ... The centipede Scolopendra subspinipes mutilans is an environmentally beneficial and medically important arthropod species. Although this species is increasingly applied as a reliable source of new antimicrobial peptides, the transcriptome of this species is a prerequisite for more rational selection of antimicrobial peptides. In this report, we isolated total RNA from the whole body of adult centi ...