Jump to Main Content
- Shiyake, S., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Annals of the Entomological Society of America 2011 v.104 no.3 pp. 389-401
- Adelges tsugae; DNA; Derodontidae; Tsuga diversifolia; biological control; islands; new species; phylogeny; China; Europe; Japan; North America
- ... Laricobius osakensis Montgomery and Shiyake sp. nov., collected from Adelges tsugae Annand on hemlock [Tsuga sieboldii Carr. and Tsuga diversifolia (Maxim.) Mast.] in Japan, is described and illustrated. The new species was collected from several localities on Honshu, Shikokou, and Kyushu Islands. The genus has not been reported previously from Japan. Morphological features, a molecular phylogeny, ...
- Shiyake, S., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Annals of the Entomological Society of America 2006 v.99 no.2 pp. 167
- Adelges tsugae; mitochondrial DNA; nucleotide sequences; haplotypes; genetic variation; sequence homology; phylogeny; molecular systematics; population genetics; introduced species; invasive species; speciation; geographical distribution; Tsuga; North America
- ... The hemlock woolly adelgid, Adelges tsugae Annand (Hemiptera: Adelgidae), is an introduced pest of unknown origin that is causing severe mortality to hemlocks (Tsuga spp.) in eastern North America. Adelgids also occur on other Tsuga species in western North America and East Asia, but these trees are not significantly damaged. The purpose of this study is to use molecular methods to clarify the rel ...