Jump to Main Content
- Shon, K. Y., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Acta horticulturae 2017 no.1177 pp. 133-138
- Malus domestica; clay loam soils; experts; fruiting; labor force; planting; pruning; rootstocks; spring; Korean Peninsula
- ... Three training systems were compared in a trial with 'Fidex Fuji' apple trees on M.9 T337 rootstock on a clay loam soil, immediately after digging up existing old apple trees at the Apple Research Station in the spring of 2009. Each training system was put into practice by selected experts for the system for training, pruning, thinning, and the rest of the management operations were carried out by ...
- Shon, K. Y., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Acta horticulturae 2017 no.1177 pp. 139-144
- Malus domestica; buds; field experimentation; fruiting; leaves; pruning; rootstocks; tree growth; trees; Korean Peninsula
- ... A field experiment was established in Hwaseong, Korea in 2009 where 'Fuji' apple trees on M.9 rootstock were planted and trained to the following systems: Narita, slender spindle, and Solaxe. We compared tree growth and fruiting through the fifth leaf in 2013. Narita resulted in the tallest trees while slender spindle had the largest tree width, trunk diameter and TCA. The slender spindle had lowe ...