Jump to Main Content
- Shopit, Abdullah, et al. Show all 14 Authors
- Journal of functional foods 2019 v.53 pp. 227-236
- Bacteroidia; Coprococcus; Enterococcus; Helicobacteraceae; Lachnospira; Lactobacillus rhamnosus; Limnobacter; Oscillospira; Roseburia; Vagococcus; amino acids; blood serum; body weight changes; cytokines; dietary supplements; energy; immune response; immunomodulation; intestinal microorganisms; lipoproteins; metabolome; probiotics; protein metabolism; ribosomal RNA; sequence analysis
- ... Probiotic dietary supplementation plays a crucial role in shaping gut microbiota and boost immune-responses. We herein investigated the potential effect of long-term dietary-supplementation of Lactobacillus rhamnosus (LBR) on gut microbiome structure, metabolome functions, and serum-profile. Our results revealed, LBR long-term supplementation reduces the body weight gain, ameliorates serum cytokin ...
- Shopit, Abdullah, et al. Show all 13 Authors
- Biochemical and biophysical research communications 2018 v.506 no.3 pp. 611-618
- Western blotting; alanine transaminase; apoptosis; aspartate transaminase; biomarkers; blood glucose; brain; diabetes mellitus; endoplasmic reticulum stress; energy; gene expression regulation; insulin resistance; liver; liver function; models; patients; phosphates; phosphocreatine; protective effect; proteins; rats; skeletal muscle; streptozotocin; therapeutics
- ... Diabetes mellitus (DM) associated liver damage is a major health burden. Hepatocellular-damage in DM characterized with elevated endoplasmic reticulum stress (ER) and may enhanced insulin-resistance. Phosphocreatine (PCr) a rapidly high-energy-reserve molecule of phosphates naturally occurs in liver, brain and skeletal muscle. This study aimed to investigate the protective effect of PCr on the liv ...