Jump to Main Content
- Shotts, Mei-Ling, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Journal of cereal science 2018 v.82 pp. 65-72
- Amaranthus caudatus; Chenopodium pallidicaule; Chenopodium quinoa; adulterated products; carbohydrate structure; fatty acid composition; flour; grains; infrared spectroscopy; ingredients; least squares; markets; models; nutritive value; Andes region; United States
- ... Quinoa (Chenopodium quinoa Willd.), kañiwa (Chenopodium pallidicaule Aellen) and kiwicha (amaranth, Chenopodium pallidicaule) are high nutritional value grains that are at risk for adulteration with less expensive grains. Our objective was to develop a rapid untargeted approach to authenticate high-value Andean grain flours by combining infrared spectroscopy and pattern recognition analysis. Sampl ...
- Shotts, Mei-Ling, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- The journal of the American Oil Chemists' Society 2015 v.92 no.2 pp. 175-184
- butter; cattle; conjugated linoleic acid; fatty acid composition; models; oils; quality control; reflectance; temperature; vibration
- ... The performance of a portable infrared system combined with pattern recognition to discriminate between organically and conventionally produced bovine butter samples as well as to predict the levels of conjugated linoleic acid (CLA) were evaluated. Sixty butter (27 organic and 33 conventional) samples were used in this study. Bovine butter–fat were applied onto an attenuated total reflectance infr ...