Jump to Main Content
- Shuey, W.C., et al. Show all 9 Authors
- American journal of clinical nutrition 1978 v.31 no.10 pp. 180
- zinc; copper; dietary fiber; dietary nutrient sources; dietary minerals; nutrient requirements; mineral metabolism; nutrient availability; nutrient balance; food intake; iron; diverticulum; cardioprotective effect; anticarcinogenic activity; iron absorption; soft white wheat; wheat bran; corn bran; breads; men; nutrient intake
- ... Five adult male volunteers were fed a diet containing (as percent of calories) 16% protein, 40% fat, and 44% carbohydrate, a diet similar to that consumed by many American males. Twenty-six grams of soft white wheat bran or corn bran were added to the daily bread, and the effects on zinc, iron, and copper balance were assessed during the last 12 days of each 30-day study period. The soft white whe ...
- Shuey, W.C., et al. Show all 11 Authors
- Cereal chemistry 1979 v.56 no.3 pp. 123
- wheat bran; corn bran; soybeans; bran; soybean hulls; dietary fiber; digestion; digestibility; defecation; feces; humans
- ... Initial studies showed some changes in composition and morphology of brans of AACC wheat (a soft white wheat), dry milled corn and soybean hull after passage through the human alimentary tract. These materials are incorporated in bread to provide the major food fiber component of a controlled diet. They were retrieved as identifiable particles from lyophilized feces of 5 healthy volunteers, analyz ...