Jump to Main Content
- Shukla, Preeti, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Protoplasma 2016 v.253 no.3 pp. 845-855
- Ocimum basilicum; Ocimum kilimandscharicum; amplified fragment length polymorphism; cold; cold stress; cold tolerance; essential oils; eugenol; flavonoids; freezing; frost; gene overexpression; genes; genotype; hybrids; leaves; linalool; loci; methyl chavicol; methyl eugenol; microsatellite repeats; odors; plant response; polyphenols; polysaccharides; proline; random amplified polymorphic DNA technique; transcription (genetics); transcription factors; trichomes
- ... Ocimum (Lamiaceae) is an important source of essential oils and aroma chemicals especially eugenol, methyl eugenol, linalool, methyl chavicol etc. An elite evergreen hybrid has been developed from Ocimum kilimandscharicum and Ocimum basilicum, which demonstrated adaptive behavior towards cold stress. A comparative molecular analysis has been done through RAPD, AFLP, and ISSR among O. basilicum and ...
- Shukla, Preeti, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- International journal of vegetable science 2015 v.21 no.4 pp. 373-385
- heavy metals; lead; lipid peroxidation; radishes; roots; shoots; sowing; proline; cadmium; cysteine; copper; tap water; irrigated farming; chromium; toxicity; antioxidants; batteries; pigments; ascorbic acid; manufacturing; irrigated soils; Raphanus sativus; wastewater
- ... Industrial wastewater is being used for irrigation of agricultural crops without consideration of possible toxic effects. The study was conducted to evaluate the toxicity of battery manufacturing industry effluent on biochemical changes and heavy metal accumulation in radish (Raphanus sativus L.) grown on soil irrigated with 0% (tap water control), 25%, 50%, 75%, and 100% effluent (v/v) at 60 days ...