Jump to Main Content
- Sielaff, Aleksandra Checinska, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Journal of food safety 2019 v.39 no.2 pp. e12613
- Internet; behavior change; consumer education; food safety education; methodology; outreach; safety assessment; social networks; universities; Washington (state)
- ... Washington State University Extension conducted a statewide consumer food safety assessment, to evaluate consumer food safety practices within Washington state, with the intent of creating and delivering new and effective food safety programming. The results of this study showed a lack of consumer knowledge across a broad spectrum. Moreover, the results showed that Extension needs to play a greate ...
- Sielaff, Aleksandra Checinska, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Biological invasions 2019 v.21 no.6 pp. 1981-1991
- aboveground biomass; ecological invasion; fungi; grasslands; indigenous species; introduced plants; perennials; phylogeny; subhumid zones; vesicular arbuscular mycorrhizae; Texas
- ... Many grasslands have been transformed by exotic species with potentially novel ecological interactions. We hypothesized that exotic and native plant species differ, on average, in their percentage mycorrhizal colonization, and that mycorrhizal colonization is positively related to plant performance in the field. We compared colonization by arbuscular mycorrhizae (AM) fungi in perennial native and ...
- Sielaff, Aleksandra Checinska, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Food control 2019 v.96 pp. 212-218
- Bacillus cereus; Clostridium perfringens; ambient temperature; antibacterial properties; bacteria; carrots; cell suspension culture; cell viability; cherry tomatoes; chlorine; cucumbers; cutting boards; electrolyzed water; endospores; fresh produce; parsley; plate count; polypropylenes; sanitizers
- ... Bactericidal activity of neutral electrolyzed water (NEW) was investigated against endospore forming Bacillus cereus and Clostridium perfringens in cell suspensions and artificially inoculated onto the surface of selected fresh produce items (cherry tomato, miniature cucumber, carrot and parsley) and polypropylene cutting boards at ambient temperature (22 °C). Viable counts of survivors were deter ...