Jump to Main Content
Did you mean to type: sigen?
- Sigurdardottir, Sigyn B., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Journal of membrane science 2020 v.603 pp. 117921
- artificial membranes; electrolytes; energy; fluorides; hydrodynamics; models; nanofiltration; porosity; solutes
- ... We investigated the relative contributions of intra-pore diffusion (via membrane thickness) and partitioning into nanofiltration (NF) membrane pores (via membrane pore size and ion hydration energy) to the apparent energy barriers for ion transport in NF membranes. Using polyelectrolyte layer-by-layer assembly, we independently altered NF membrane thickness as well as membrane pore size and then d ...
- Sigurdardóttir, Sigyn B., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Journal of membrane science 2017 v.523 pp. 327-335
- NAD (coenzyme); artificial membranes; bioreactors; catalytic activity; enzymatic reactions; gluconic acid; glucose; lactic acid; pyruvic acid; substrate specificity; value-added products; xylose
- ... Mixtures of xylose, glucose and pyruvate were fed to a membrane bioreactor equipped with a charged NF membrane (NTR 7450). Value-added products were obtained in the reactor via enzymatic cofactor-dependent catalysis of glucose to gluconic acid and pyruvate to lactic acid, respectively. The initial cofactor (NADH) concentration could be decreased to 10% of the stoichiometric value (relative to gluc ...