Jump to Main Content
- Silva, Carla Teixeira, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Clinical nutrition 2017
- Euterpe oleracea; antioxidant activity; antioxidants; apolipoproteins; aryldialkylphosphatase; atherosclerosis; biomarkers; blood lipids; blood sampling; cholesteryl esters; food intake; functional foods; glucose; high density lipoprotein cholesterol; insulin; low density lipoprotein; malondialdehyde; metabolism; phospholipids; polyphenols; prospective studies; pulp; triacylglycerols; women; Amazonia; Brazil
- ... The açai fruit (Euterpe oleracea Martius), which is native to the Brazilian Amazon region, was shown to have high polyphenols and MUFA contents. In this study, we aimed to assess the effects of açai consumption on plasma lipids, apolipoproteins, the transfer of lipids to HDL (which is a relevant HDL function), and some biomarkers of redox metabolism. Forty healthy volunteer women aged 24 ± 3 years ...
- Silva, Carla Teixeira, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Nutrition 2016 v.32 no.6 pp. 674-680
- Euterpe oleracea; antioxidant activity; antioxidants; biomarkers; blood pressure; blood sampling; blood serum; catalase; enzyme activity; food intake; fruits; glutathione; moieties; nutritional intervention; oxidation; pulp; sulfhydryl groups; superoxide dismutase; women
- ... The aim of the present study was to evaluate the effect of açai pulp (Euterpe oleracea Martius) intake on the prevention of oxidative damage by measuring the activity of antioxidant enzymes and biomarkers of protein oxidation in women.A nutritional intervention study was conducted with thirty-five healthy women who were asked to consume 200 g/d of açai pulp for 4 wk. Blood samples were collected, ...