Jump to Main Content
- Silva, Marilene Neves da, et al. Show all 11 Authors
- Vector borne and zoonotic diseases 2020
- Bartonella henselae; DNA; bacteria; blood; blood flow; blood sampling; blood transfusion; genes; patients; polymerase chain reaction; sickle cell anemia
- ... Background: The inherent characteristics of the sickle cell disease (SCD), the most common genetic hematological disorder, increase the propensity of infections. Bartonella spp. are emerging and neglected bacteria. A large spectrum of clinical manifestations has been linked to bartonella bloodstream infection in the last two decades that can cause fatal outcomes, especially in immunodeficient pati ...
- Silva, Marilene Neves da, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Vector borne and zoonotic diseases 2019 v.19 no.6 pp. 453-454
- Bartonella henselae; blood; false negative results; liquids; patients; polymerase chain reaction; serology
- ... We report a fatal case of Bartonella henselae bacteremic patient. He had negative serology and PCRs from whole blood and liquid culture; only ftsZ nested PCR was positive from the blood liquid culture. The isolate had positive PCRs. When considered, bartonellosis diagnosis can be still challenging because of technical limitations. ...