Jump to Main Content
- Silva, R. B., et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Waste and biomass valorization 2019 v.10 no.1 pp. 223-233
- biomass; bottom ash; burning; cement; cocoa industry; combustion; concrete; fly ash; mechanical testing; porosity; seafood waste; strength (mechanics); water uptake; wood chips
- ... Biomass ash has been produced worldwide in large quantities and has often generated high storage costs or environmental problems. A valorisation alternative, regarding this waste, has been its use in mortar or concrete; however, as biomass ashes exhibit larger variations in physico-chemical characteristics, which depend on the type of biomass fired, combustion methods used and type of ash collecte ...
- Silva, R. B., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Environmental monitoring and assessment 2015 v.187 no.6 pp. 380
- aerosols; anions; chlorides; ion exchange chromatography; particulates; sulfates; uncertainty; water solubility
- ... In this work, particulate matter was collected using an active sampling system consisting of a PM₁₀ (<10 μm) inlet coupled to a multifold device containing six channels, connected to a vacuum pump. Each channel was equipped with a filter holder fitted with adequately chosen filters. The system was fixed on a metallic structure, which was placed on the roof of the laboratory building, at the Facult ...