Jump to Main Content
- Silva-Moraes, Vanessa, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Acta tropica 2018 v.182 pp. 264-270
- Schistosoma mansoni; adults; antibodies; antigens; blood serum; diagnostic techniques; eggs; enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay; parasites; point-of-care systems; praziquantel; public health; schistosomiasis; urine; villages; Brazil
- ... Schistosomiasis is still a public health problem in Brazil. The Kato-Katz test is the most frequently used diagnostic method for Schistosoma mansoni infection. However, it lacks sensitivity in areas of low prevalence. We have assessed the positivity rate of S. mansoni infection in Bananeiras, a village on Capistrano, Ceara, Brazil by performing a point-of-care test in urine to determine the circul ...
- Silva-Moraes, Vanessa, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Acta tropica 2014 v.132 pp. 75-79
- Schistosoma mansoni; biomarkers; developmental stages; drug therapy; egg shell; glycomics; humans; morbidity; proteome; proteomics; schistosomiasis
- ... Human schistosomiasis, caused mainly by Schistosoma mansoni, S. japonicum, and S. hematobium, remains a prevalent and serious parasitic disease worldwide. Although it is a debilitating disease, a lack of sensitive methods for the precise diagnosis of active infection cases is important to prevent morbidity. The optimization of new diagnostic approaches may be accomplished by the selection of speci ...