Jump to Main Content
- Singh, Chhatarpal, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Journal of environmental management 2019 v.242 pp. 1-10
- analysis of variance; anthropogenic activities; biotic factors; carbon nitrogen ratio; community structure; cropland; ecological imbalance; environmental sustainability; highlands; land use change; landscapes; microbial biomass; microbial communities; mixed forests; nitrogen content; savannas; soil depth; soil microorganisms; soil pH; soil profiles; soil temperature; soil water; upland soils; India
- ... Land use changes such as transformation of natural landscapes, forest degradation and increase in croplands due to human activities are considered amongst the most influential ecological disturbances affecting soil, ecosystems and environmental sustainability. The previous works from India are limited to show that soil disturbances influence abiotic and biotic factors along a rural–urban gradient. ...
- Singh, Chhatarpal, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Catena 2018 v.171 pp. 485-493
- agricultural soils; biochar; commercialization; crop yield; maturity stage; microbial biomass; nitrate nitrogen; paddies; panicles; physicochemical properties; plant growth; rice; rice hulls; rice straw; soil microorganisms; soil nutrients; soil water content; tillering; waste management; water holding capacity
- ... The study related to the effects of rice husk biochar (RHB) application on soil microbial aspects and paddy productivity in field condition is scare. Therefore, present study provides fresh insight into the effects of RHB on rice production in field conditions, with some updated information on soil microbial aspects. To study the impact of RHB and CSR-BIO (commercialized bio-formulation), on soil ...