Jump to Main Content
- Sinumporn, P., et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Acta horticulturae 2019 no.1234 pp. 309-316
- Habenaria; air flow; aluminum; cryopreservation; genetic variation; habitats; liquids; nitrogen; seed germination; seeds; viability; vitrification; Africa; Cambodia; Japan; Laos; Myanmar; Thailand
- ... The genus Habenaria consists of 600 species of terrestrial orchids distributed in Asia, America and Africa. Habenaria rhodocheila Hance is found in Thailand, Myanmar, Cambodia and Laos. Habenaria radiata (Thunb.) K. Spreng is native to Japan. The number of both species has decreased in their habitats because of overcollecting and environmental changes in the habitats. Conservation of the surviving ...
- Sinumporn, P., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Acta horticulturae 2015 no.1078 pp. 193-200
- Habenaria; container-grown plants; cut flowers; ethylene; flowers; leaves; light intensity; longevity; shade; silver thiosulfate; soil treatment; sucrose; tubers; uniconazole; vase life; Japan
- ... Habeneria radiata is a small and elegant terrestrial orchid native to Japan. It has also been used as a potted plant. The aim of this work was to examine the possibility of H. radiata for use as a cut flower. In Japan, tubers of H. radiata sprout in early April and flower between late June and August. Plant height manipulation is required for adoption in a wide range of uses as a cut flower. Reduc ...