Jump to Main Content
- Smith, Daniel F., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Applied energy 2014 v.130 pp. 94-102
- air; air flow; anodes; carbon; carbon dioxide; catalysts; cost effectiveness; fuel cells; fuels; recycling; steam; synthesis gas; temperature; thermodynamic models
- ... Diesel auto-thermal reformation (ATR) with solid oxide fuel cell (SOFC) stack anode off-gas recycle (AOGR) has a reliable steam recycling supply to the reformer and improves overall system efficiency. For the lab-scale experiments, it is crucial to develop a cost-effective technique to simulate the AOGR effects on hydrocarbon catalytic reformation due to safety and cost considerations of providing ...
- Smith, Daniel F., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Energy & Fuels 2013 v.27 no.8 pp. 4371-4385
- air; biodiesel; carbon; ceramics; ethanol; ethylene; fuel cells; rhodium; steam; synthesis gas; temperature; thermodynamics
- ... The autothermal reforming (ATR) performance of diesel, biodiesel, diesel blended with 25% biodiesel, and diesel blended with both 25% biodiesel and 10% ethanol was investigated under different operating environments in a single-tube reformer with rhodium/zirconia wash-coated ceramic monoliths. A customized nozzle integrated with a microsize porous device was designed to finely atomize the input he ...