Jump to Main Content
- Soeiro, Vanessa, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- The Science of the total environment 2019 v.650 pp. 2996-3006
- anthropogenic activities; business enterprises; data collection; death; geographic information systems; models; mortality; variance; wild birds; wildlife; wildlife rehabilitation; Portugal
- ... In this study we aim to obtain a holistic view over the consequences of human-induced threats to the wild bird populations in the study area, based on data collected from a Wildlife Rehabilitation Centre (WRC) through the method of Partial Least Squares-Path Modelling (PLS-PM). The study area comprised 76 rural and urban municipalities located in northern Portugal. Within PLS-PM the threats (“anth ...
- Soeiro, Vanessa, et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Environmental monitoring and assessment 2014 v.186 no.11 pp. 7011-7021
- Buteo buteo; adults; arsenic; bioaccumulation; birds of prey; blood; cadmium; chronic exposure; food chain; food webs; heavy metals; human health; humans; juveniles; kidneys; lead; liver; mercury; pollution; risk
- ... The accumulation of heavy metals in the environment may have a wide range of health effects on animals and humans. Thus, in this study, the concentrations of arsenic (As), cadmium (Cd), lead (Pb), and mercury (Hg) in the blood and tissues (liver and kidney) of Portuguese common buzzards (Buteo buteo) were determined by inductively coupled plasma-mass spectrometer (ICP-MS) in order to monitor envir ...