Jump to Main Content
- Sohal, Vikaas S., et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Cell 2018 v.175 no.6 pp. 1688-1700.e14
- amygdala; anxiety; artificial intelligence; data collection; electroencephalography; hippocampus; humans
- ... Human brain networks that encode variation in mood on naturalistic timescales remain largely unexplored. Here we combine multi-site, semi-chronic, intracranial electroencephalography recordings from the human limbic system with machine learning methods to discover a brain subnetwork that correlates with variation in individual subjects’ self-reported mood over days. First we defined the subnetwork ...
- Sohal, Vikaas S., et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America 2012 v.109 no.34 pp. 13829-13834
- cortex; interneurons; long term effects; mice
- ... Inhibitory interneurons regulate the responses of cortical circuits. In auditory cortical areas, inhibition from these neurons narrows spectral tuning and shapes response dynamics. Acute disruptions of inhibition expand spectral receptive fields. However, the effects of long-term perturbations of inhibitory circuitry on auditory cortical responses are unknown. We ablated ∼30% of dendrite-targeting ...
- PubMed Central: