Jump to Main Content
- Song, Jianxi, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- International journal of biological macromolecules 2019 v.133 pp. 656-662
- Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy; Sargassum fusiforme; adhesion; algae; cell adhesion; endothelium; fractionation; fucoidan; gel chromatography; high performance liquid chromatography; ion exchange chromatography; molecular weight; neutrophils; screening; sulfates; therapeutics; uronic acids
- ... P-selectin, mediated adhesion between endothelium and neutrophils, is a promising target for the therapeutics of acute inflammatory-related diseases. It is reported that brown algal fucoidans can antagonize P-selectin function. However, the fractionation and physicochemical characterization of Sargassum fusiforme fucoidan, and the screening of fucoidan fractions with P-selectin antagonistic capabi ...
- Song, Jianxi, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Carbohydrate polymers 2018 v.192 pp. 143-149
- 2,2-diphenyl-1-picrylhydrazyl; Bupleurum chinense; Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy; antioxidant activity; beta-galactosidase; cell cycle; cell senescence; drugs; endothelial cells; gas chromatography; high performance liquid chromatography; hydroxyl radicals; immunoblotting; lungs; mice; polysaccharides; staining; sulfates; superoxide anion
- ... In this study, BCPS-1, a polysaccharide previously isolated and characterized from Bupleurum chinense was chemically modified to yield two sulfated derivatives, which we designated as S-BCP1-4 and S-BCP1-8. The physicochemical properties of these sulfated derivatives were then determined by high performance liquid chromatography (HPLC), Fourier transform infrared spectrometry (FT-IR), and gas chro ...