Jump to Main Content
- Sood, N.K., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Journal of parasitic diseases 2018 v.42 no.1 pp. 39-42
- Capillaria; Eimeria; adults; anorexia; diarrhea; eggs; feathers; mixed infection; oocysts; parasitoses; pigeons; sporulation; veterinary clinics
- ... Two adult pigeons were presented to the Teaching Veterinary Hospital (TVH), GADVASU, Ludhiana, Punjab with the history of weakness, anorexia, ruffled feathers and intermittent diarrhoea. Coproscopic examination revealed the presence of coccidian oocysts alongside eggs of Capillaria spp. Based on the morphological characters the eggs were designated as C. obsignata. Sporulation studies on the cocci ...
- Sood, N.K., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Journal of applied animal research 2015 v.43 no.2 pp. 224-230
- C-reactive protein; acidosis; albumins; alkalosis; anorexia; blood gases; blood serum; buffaloes; calcium; colic; cows; defecation; fibrinogen; hematocrit; neutrophils; peritonitis; phosphorus; potassium; protein content; rumen; specific gravity; tachycardia; toxicity; volvulus
- ... The present study was conducted on six cattle and two buffaloes with intestinal obstruction. Four cases had intestinal volvulus, three had intussusception and one case could have been volvulus or torsion. The haemato-biochemical parameters of these eight animals were studied, together with 10 healthy cows and 10 buffaloes as control. Rectal examination was helpful in subjective assessment of volvu ...