Jump to Main Content
- Soubrat, Thibault, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Journal of food engineering 2019 v.241 pp. 26-32
- cost effectiveness; distillation; energy costs; essential oil crops; essential oils; gravity; income; microwave treatment; oils; operating costs; orange peels; sensory properties; steam
- ... Microwave is a very efficient energy carrier for the extraction of essential oils from aromatic plants in unit operations intended for distillation. The aim of this work was to compare six extraction processes: four Microwave Assisted Extraction (MAE) and two conventional processes for the extraction of orange essential oils. The comparison was based on different processing and qualitative criteri ...
- Soubrat, Thibault, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Lebensmittel-Wissenschaft + [i.e. und] Technologie 2017 v.84 pp. 626-633
- acids; energy; equations; gravity; juices; models; odors; prediction; sensation; strawberries; sugars
- ... The objective of this study was to evaluate the potential of Microwave Hydrodiffusion and Gravity as an alternative process for strawberry juice processing. The investigation entailed the optimization of extraction yields and energy consumption by varying the power density (Ps) and the treatment vessel capacity (Cv). The logistic function and Gompertz equation are used for the modeling of the extr ...