Jump to Main Content
- Souch, C.A., et al. Show all 2 Author
- Tree physiology 1998 v.18 no.12 pp. 829-835
- Populus balsamifera subsp. trichocarpa; Populus deltoides; Populus nigra; hybrids; clones; drought; leaf area; water use; quantitative analysis; seasonal variation; genetic variation; mathematical models; equations; biomass production; stress response; United Kingdom
- ... Three drought treatments (none, medium and severe) were applied to three container-grown, hybrid poplar clones (Beaupre, Trichobel and Ghoy) as a series of drying cycles over two years--in a greenhouse in 1994 and outside in 1995. Leaf area development, annual biomass production and annual water use were recorded. Clone Beaupre had greater rates of leaf area development (up to 11.8 x 10(-4) m2 deg ...
- Souch, C.A., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Plant and soil 2004 v.263 no.1-2 pp. 173-182
- Salix viminalis; plant growth; biomass; crop rotation; soil-plant interactions; clay loam soils; sandy loam soils; soil compaction; mechanical harvesting; mechanical damage; plant damage; soil strength; bulk density; solar radiation