Jump to Main Content
Did you mean to type: souza?
- Sousa, João A. B., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Environmental Science & Technology 2017 v.51 no.2 pp. 914-923
- Tindallia; bacteria; bioreactors; formates; hydrogen; microbial communities; pH; phylogeny; recycling; sulfates; sulfides; thiosulfates
- ... In industrial gas biodesulfurization systems, where haloalkaline conditions prevail, a thiosulfate containing bleed stream is produced. This bleed stream can be treated in a separate bioreactor by reducing thiosulfate to sulfide and recycling it. By performing treatment and recycling of the bleed stream, its disposal decreases and less caustics are required to maintain the high pH. In this study, ...
- Sousa, João A.
B., et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Environmental Science & Technology 2016 v.50 no.23 pp. 12808-12815
- Halothiobacillaceae; acclimation; bacteria; biogas; biomass; bioreactors; gases; genes; high-throughput nucleotide sequencing; hydrogen sulfide; methanethiol; microbial communities; oxygen; redox potential; ribosomal RNA; sulfur; thiosulfates
- ... After the first commercial applications of a new biological process for the removal of hydrogen sulfide (H₂S) from low pressure biogas, the need arose to broaden the operating window to also enable the removal of organosulfur compounds from high pressure sour gases. In this study we have selected microorganisms from a full-scale biodesulfurization system that are capable of withstanding the presen ...