Jump to Main Content
- Sparks, A. H., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Ecosphere 2011 v.2 no.8 pp. 1-14
- Phytophthora infestans; environmental factors; meteorological data; models; plant pathogens; prediction; risk
- ... Process‐based ecological models used to assess organisms' responses to environmental conditions often need input data at a high temporal resolution, e.g., hourly or daily weather data. Such input data may not be available at a high spatial resolution for large areas, limiting opportunities to use such models. Here we present a metamodeling framework to develop reduced form ecological models that u ...
- Sparks, A. H., et al. Show all 11 Authors
- European journal of plant pathology 2013 v.136 no.3 pp. 443-457
- biological control; crop losses; crops; disease control; disease outbreaks; drought; farmers; growing season; infectious diseases; simulation models; soil fertility
- ... Rice brown spot (BS) is a chronic disease that affects millions of hectares of rice every growing season, grown by some of the most resource-poor farmers. Despite its widespread occurrence and impact, much still needs to be understood about BS. Reported yield losses in relative terms vary widely from 4 to 52 %. However, accurate, systematic estimates are lacking. BS is conventionally perceived as ...