Jump to Main Content
- Sperling, C., et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Colloids and surfaces 2017 v.158 pp. 416-422
- adhesion; algorithms; biocompatible materials; blood platelets; cell adhesion; colloids; ethylene; humans; in vitro studies; polyethylene terephthalates
- ... The regulatory agencies provide recommendations rather than protocols or standard operation procedures for the hemocompatibility evaluation of novel materials e.g. for cardiovascular applications. Thus, there is a lack of specifications with regard to test setups and procedures. As a consequence, laboratories worldwide perform in vitro assays under substantially different test conditions, so that ...
- Sperling, C., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- The veterinary journal 2011 v.190 no.2 pp. e31
- animal experimentation; animal models; biopsy; carcinoma; case studies; clinical trials; colorectal neoplasms; excision; gall bladder; hamsters; humans; liver; lung neoplasms; medicine; metastasis; osteosarcoma; rats; risk; risk estimate; systematic review; veterinary clinics
- ... Clinicians and pathologists are sporadically asked by owners whether the taking of tumour biopsies may affect the behaviour of the tumour, including its potential to metastasise. Unfortunately, systematic studies on this subject are unavailable in veterinary medicine, and the aim of this study was to estimate the risk of adverse effects of biopsy taking on tumour progression in animals. A systemat ...